I don't have any clue what I did during the day...oh...wait...I slept in until twelve-thirty because my floor was getting tickets from Much Ado About Nothing...so no one could wake me. Except the most intense fire alarm I've ever heard. I'm glad the place wasn't actually burning because I chose sleep over escaping.
So, once I woke up, Andy and I decided to walk to the Natural History Museum to hang out until we had to leave for the show.
It was pretty cool, but...I way prefer art museums. We got through the majority of it and I had no need or desire to go back. I didn't hate it by any means, I just...was sort of...uninterested.
After the museum we headed over to Gloucestor Station to start the trek to Much Ado About Nothing...with David Tennant...and Catherine Tate.
During the show, I was laughing pretty hard, but...I had a lot of problems with it. First of all, it was set in the 1980s for an inexplicable reason. It seemed like a totally frivolous choice, to me, that didn't add anything to the production except FLUFF.
David Tennant was, however, great! He totally made Benedick his own. I've never known Benedick to be so funny! His bits were creative and honest and hilarious. He also had moments of cuteness, but...besides the cute and the silly confidence, his Benedick didn't have much more than that. I think that was direction, however.
Catherine Tate had her funny moments, but I did not like her as Beatrice. She was very hard to hear and understand, at least from row O, which is not that far back. She also had very low energy that didn't settle with my expectations for Beatrice.
Overall, I was amused during the performance...on a purely superficial level, with some serious props thrown toward Mr. Tennant and the guys who played Don Pedro and Dogberry.

"superficial level" = David Tenant is cute?!? :-)
ReplyDeleteArt museums, FTW. THAT'S my girl!
ReplyDelete