Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Catching Up: May 19, 2011 Hampstead Heath and Moonlight

Hampstead is the cutest!
Today, Matt, Olivia, Nathan, Andy and I went to Hampstead Heath! Oh. My. God. It is the most beautiful place EVER! Incredibly green and wild with meadows and beautiful vistas overlooking London. Hampstead Heath is the highest place in London so the views were amazing.
Vail of Heath.
Vail of Heath.

Parliament Hill even before the view is beautiful!
Photo by Andy
When we got to the top of Parliament Hill, after we ooed and awed, we set up a little picnic and were so adorable. Andy and I had a scrumptious baguette with deli salami (the serious stuff) and extra mature english cheddar. Hampstead, the town itself, is the cutest damn town! Different colored doors and such.
One view from the top!
Also stolen from Matthew's wall is a picture of myself and Matthew, the man himself, on top of Parliament Hill.


When we were finished there, we went...well, Andy and Matt and I went to the Donmar Warehouse to try to get tickets for Harold Pinter's Moonlight. The actor who plays Mr. Filch in the Harry Potter series was in it and he was amazing! The whole show, in fact, was amazing and bizarre, calming but death obsessed, funny and poignant. I really enjoyed it, but when the show was over....I couldn't really tell you anything about it. I was, and I still am, confused about the plot line and structure of the play...but, I still loved the place the show put me in: peaceful. Very calm. And we were standing the duration of the show! The cast, as an ensemble, was close to perfect and they were so confident in what they were doing that I forgot how weird Pinter can be and just enjoyed it for what it was.

Oh! So great!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad that you got out to Hampstead Heath. I went out there, and loved it. It's just so darned far away that not many people have time to go. It's precious!
    Emma Thompson and lots of other low-key British actors live out there.
    I'm glad you enjoyed the play. That Pinter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when cheese is mature. :)

    Pinter: arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love you, cheese. Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma's practicing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dad's practicing.

    ReplyDelete