![]() |
| Hamlet at The Globe |
After class, some people went to see Hamlet at the Globe, but Andy and I stayed behind to spend a special day together.
We walked up and down Kensington Street looking for cheap watches. Andy and I found some perfectly boring ones at Claire's for eight pounds twenty-five. Steal!
The we went to Sandwich World on Gloucester to get food for a picnic. I got Chicken Tikka Masala with rice and Andy got a roast chicken sandwich. Yummm. Seriously cheap and delicious.
So, we took our food to Kensington Gardens and searched for the perfect tree to sit under. We found a nice little tree that over looked the lake to set up our picnic.
Once we finished our food, we went for a walk around the lake. As we were walking, I noticed a tall spire, without a cross, poking through the treetops. Andy and I ventured to find out what it was and we were surprised to find that it was half of a 17th century church and half 1980's flats built in and on to the side of the church. We asked a taxi driver about it and he said that a lot of old churches in London have done this.
When we returned to the flat, Andy and one of my roommates, Claire, and I tried for an hour to find a play to attend. But, the locations and various prices hindered us so we went with a huge group to Soho instead.
Eventually, and luckily, the group branched off into smaller groups. My group included Claire, Ally, Keira, Andy and I and we all decided to go to Brewmaster's for some pub grub and some drinks. I started off with a cider with black, Andy helped, and then the bartender suggested a Snake Bite with black. So delicious. Yum. Snake Bites are half cider, half ale, and currant flavoring.
I am going to sleep very well tonight.
Hampton Court tomorrow!!!

Shut up! Tell me there is NOT a Claire's in London, and that you DIDN'T go there to shop. Sigh. Otherwise, your special day sounded grand. Hey---don't forget to go to Nottingham when they have the street market (Saturdays? Weekends?) --- do you remember? I do...still have and love the cool ring and bracelet I got there. Love YOU, chicken.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Chicken Tikka Masala FTW.
ReplyDeleteWe are going to Pottobello market this weekend! And then the Borough market after. But, Nottingham?
ReplyDelete