In Shakespeare class, we discussed Much Ado About Nothing. I'm not a huge fan of that play, but I've also never seen it. So, I'll have to give David Tennant and Catherine Tate a chance HA HA HA. I know it will be incredible, no doubt.In contemporary drama class, we had a huge discussion on the use of profanity in plays and censorship in general. I'm still not totally sure of my point of view based on the article we read. When I have a chance to catch my breath, which could take a while...
After class, a few of us went to Sainsbury's to get groceries. Milk, apples, carrots, cornish pasties, chips, salsa, pasta sauce, bread, detergent, mayo, mustard, salami, and jaffa cakes all for twenty-one pounds.
Tonight, we saw one of our required plays called Silence by Filter productions. I can barely express anything about this play adequately in words. Not the plot, not the set...my words could not do it justice. But, this show awestruck me the ENTIRE TIME. I felt this awe way down in my gut, in my core.
Silence was put on at the Hampstead Theatre, which is right across the street from the Central School for Speech and Acting that I'm so interested in, in association with the Royal Shakespeare Company. It is a devised play, meaning that the final script came together from collaborating and improvising. This company, Filter, is a group that really focuses on sound and the human experience. That is one of the main reasons why this touched me so deeply, I believe. Music and sounds are great comforts in my life and the accusation of this on stage was beautiful.
We saw the actual world premiere!

I can't wait til Silence comes across the pond!
ReplyDeleteIF it comes across the pond. I so hope it does.
ReplyDelete