Walking up the steps to ground level from the Westminster tube station, Tim had us promise to look only at our feet. Once we reached the top, Big Ben, in all its glory, filled our eyes with amazement. I love London.
After we reached our quota in pictures of Big Ben, the group walked over to Westminster Abbey for a lecture on English history. Key/most memorable points:
- English history can be summed up in one word, according to Tim:
| Westminster Abbey |
Celts
Romans
Anglo-Saxons
V'ikings
Normans
- The architecture of Westminster Abbey is best described by the word "palimpsest" because it was being built during many different eras of architecture.
| In front of the Buckingham Palace |
Then, after all this, we went to Sainsbury's for groceries. Andy and I spent fifty one pounds on a ton of food...and we are still working on making our dinners together possible, even though we live two floors apart.
Tomorrow we are going to Kew Gardens! I can't wait. I love me some flora and fauna.
Toodle-loo.
Fab photos! Love the exercise that Tim had you do as you surfaced from Westminster Station. Write about Tim soon so that I can picture him in my mind. Photo too! Have a lovely Tuesday, Lulu. Can't wait to read about your day tomorrow night. xxx
ReplyDeleteIt's the best exercise ever! Andy and Olivia and Matt and I do it all the time for each other.
ReplyDeleteAnd will do. He's a great professor and a very profound man. He speaks a lot like dad does but without all the pauses :)
Thank you for the historical highlights. Very interesting.
ReplyDeleteIt's never a struggle to leap out of bed early and get ready fast on vacation, is it? ;-)
Just read your comment re: dad. Laughing!
ReplyDelete